7/12/2006

Pulling My Hair Out at Delphi 7: rtl70.bpl Was Not Found

Categories: , ,

What the hell is the point of checking whether or not to build with runtime modules? It dosen't matter if I check the box or not, Delphi still dosen't include the runtime libraries in the executable.



Am I missing the point? Surely there has to be a way to bundle these files inside of the exectuable. Instead, I'm forced to individual package and include 3.18MB of Borland runtime libraries, even for a simple 500k executable. WTF? If I try running the programs I create on Virtual PC, without the Borland Delphi libaries, it bitches at me until I put rtl70.bpl, vcl70.bpl, vclactnband70.bpl, vclsmp70.bpl, vclx70.bpl, and designide70.bpl in the same folder as the program, or in c:\windows\system32

What I want to know is how the hell am I using the VCL Action Band on a blank form? I've tried uninstalling all the components I don't use. I even remove the VCL Sample component and my build's still require the vclsmp70.bpl file.

Still, for how much of a pain in the ass Delphi can be sometimes, I still can't find an IDE that could match the speed in which it takes to write an application. I wrote two simple applications that I am planning to post on this blog in just a few hours this mourning. If it wasn't for that, I would've taken one look at
"rtl70.bpl was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

and I switched to C# (wait, isn't that in latter versions of Delphi anyway?)

RELATED ARTICLES

62 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home